Onam Vibhavangal-Thoran(pumpkin leaves and flowers).
You can cook Onam Vibhavangal-Thoran(pumpkin leaves and flowers) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Onam Vibhavangal-Thoran(pumpkin leaves and flowers)
- You need 2 cups of pumpkin of Tender leaves and flowers of plants..
- You need 1 cup of savala sliced to small pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut grated.
- It’s 2 nos of green chillies.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of Egg (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seed.
- You need of salt to taste.
Onam Vibhavangal-Thoran(pumpkin leaves and flowers) instructions
- The leaves and flowers are cleaned well and sliced to small pieces and kept aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seed and saute the savala till it is soft..
- Slightly crush the coconut with turmeric,chillies and garlic with minimal water.Add the coconut gravy to the above pan,followed by the pumpkin leaves sliced as given above.Saute for a few minutes. Add salt and mix everything well. Keep the lid of the pan on,and cook in steam for two minutes.Open the lid,add the beaten egg into the thoran simultaneously stirring.Wait for a fw more minutes till the excess water gets dried up.The tasty and nutritious thoran is ready.