Chicken, mushrooms and udon. My udon noodle soup uses a mixture of chicken broth and dashi stock as the base. Then, I seared marinated chicken and caramelized shiitake mushrooms, because why not? When placed on top of the noodles, this mixture gives the soup that rich, savory flavor that I'm looking for in any and every.
This recipe is the perfect way to stay warm and cozy in the winter. The earthy and hearty ingredients will keep you full and satisfied all day long. Mushroom Marsala Udon Noodle BowlsFleur De-Lectable. You can have Chicken, mushrooms and udon using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, mushrooms and udon
- It’s 1 of shallot, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Maggi seasoning.
- You need 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 lb of assorted mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2-7 oz of packages or precooked udon noodles.
- You need 1/2 lb of cooked roast chicken, chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of cilantro, chopped.
Place chicken wings, skin, thigh and drumstick bones into a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. This chicken udon soup recipe is a simple and quick meal on chilly days. Each bowl is packed with protein, vegetables, and noodles in a savory soy-ginger broth. Quick and easy Chicken Mushroom Udon Soup with minimum prep work.
Chicken, mushrooms and udon step by step
- Make a marinade by combining the shallot, balsamic vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce, Maggi, olive oil, salt and pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Put a medium pot of water on high heat..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Saute the mushrooms until they've given up their water and turned dark brown, about 10 – 15 minutes. Halfway through cooking the mushrooms, if the pot of water is boiling, add the udon noodles and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they separate on their own..
- Add the chicken to the pan of mushrooms. Toss the udon noodles in the marinade, then pour both into the mushroom pan as well. Stir everything together and let cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro before serving..
It is light, tasty, and satisfying. Here in the Upper Midwest, spring hasn't quite sprung yet. Between the deep freeze of winter and May flowers, we tend to steer an uneven path with blustery days aplenty. Most chicken udon soup recipes boil the chicken in the soup or use leftover chicken as the topping. It's a very easy method, but the flavor of the chicken often falls flat.