You can have Mushroom Risotto using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Risotto
- It’s 2 Tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 lb of mushrooms – shitake, chanterelle, oyster, crimini, and/or baby bell, cleaned and sliced.
- Prepare 1 package of dried porchini mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 2/3 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 4-5 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion and 1 large clove of garlic or 1 large shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 8 oz of mascarpone cheese, optional.
Mushroom Risotto instructions
- Bring stock to a simmer in a sauce pan. Add the dried mushrooms to to the cup of hot water and soak until softened and re-hydrated. Reserve the soaking liquid..
- Melt the butter in a deep, heavy, medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add fresh mushrooms, re-hydrated mushrooms, onion and garlic or shallot. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir to combine..
- Add wine and bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until liquid is reduced by half. Add the mushroom liquid, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring enough to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan. Once the liquid is almost completely absorbed, add the vegetable stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring almost constantly to create a creamy sauce. Wait until the stock is almost completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup. This will take 25-30 minutes. The rice should be just cooked and slightly chewy..
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with a generous dollop on mascarpone and a sprinkle of chopped parsley..