Tomato Chutney (Kasaundi). Tomato chutney is a traditional South Indian condiment made with tomatoes, spices and herbs. It is usually served with South Indian Breakfast dishes like Idli, Dosa, Pongal, Rava idli & many snacks. Tomato Chutney is a tangy and tasty South Indian chutney made from tomatoes, herbs and spices.
Product details page for Tomato Kasaundi Chutney is loaded. Perk up your meal with this savory Tomato chutney. This chutney is best served as a side dish with any kind of stuffed Paratha or over plain white rice. You can cook Tomato Chutney (Kasaundi) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Chutney (Kasaundi)
- It’s of large tomatoes (500 gms).
- It’s of cherry tomatoes (125 gms).
- It’s of mustard oil.
- It’s of coarsely ground garlic.
- You need of coarsely ground ginger.
- Prepare of green chillies finely chopped.
- It’s of mustard seeds (sarson).
- You need of fenugreek seeds (methi dana).
- You need of salt.
- You need of red chillies powder.
- Prepare of cumin powder (jeera).
- Prepare of garam masala.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of white vinegar.
Tomato chutney is so tasty, you would empty your basket of praises on this side dish. The reason is the tomato chutney recipe is light like a feather! This Indian tomato chutney is known as kasundi and is the perfect recipe for a bounty of fresh Directions are given for longer storage but if you want to eat it fresh, the chutney should be stored in. Tomato Kasundi: The Best Tomato Chutney.
Tomato Chutney (Kasaundi) step by step
- Clean the tomatoes, cut off their tops, and coarsely grind them..
- Heat mustard oil in a pan to smoking point and let it cool..
- Add in the sarson and methi seeds. Let them splutter..
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and green chillies. Saute till it changes color..
- Add in the ground tomatoes. Mix well. Cover with a lid and let it cook on medium heat until the tomatoes soften. Keep stirring it every few minutes..
- Once the juices have dried up a bit, add in the salt, red chillies powder, and jeera powder. Cover it again and cook for another 4-5 minutes..
- Add in the sugar, garam masala powder, vinegar and cherry tomatoes. Saute until the tomatoes are cooked and the oil leaves the sides..
- The tomato chutney is ready to serve..
This is the best tomato chutney. It comes from India and is full of lots of wonderful Indian spices, which give it a fiery heat. Simple Tomato Chutney is the perfect accompaniment to idli and dosas! This vegan south Indian tomato chutney is easy to make with basic pantry ingredients. Even though I didn't grew up eating.