Onions, Beef, and Tortillas. Stir in the salsa, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Trim and discard most of the fat from the beef.
Repeat this twice, ending with cheese on top. Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. You can cook Onions, Beef, and Tortillas using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Onions, Beef, and Tortillas
- You need 1 pound of eye of round steak.
- You need 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of small haas avocado.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Serve with a green salad or beans and rice. Warm the tortillas as the label directs. Slice the steak against the grain and season with salt. Serve on the tortillas with the onions and peppers; top with cheese and cilantro.
Onions, Beef, and Tortillas step by step
- Slice the onion and beef thinly. Trim the fat and add to a hot skillet, and allow the fat to render. Season the beef with salt and half the lime juice. Sauté the onion in the beef fat. Cook the onions till tender..
- Roll the beef into cigar like fashion. Slice the rolled beef across making strips. Season with a little salt, the rest of the lime juice and garlic..
- Remove the onions add the butter and melt. When melted add the beef strips. Cook till liquids are reduced and beef is lightly caramelized. While that is going on take your avocado and take out the seed and scoop out of skin. Mix some salt with the avocado..
- Add the onions and caramelize the beef more. Heat the tortillas. Add the avocado, sour cream and feta cheese..
- When the beef and onions are cooked divide and add to each tortilla. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Heat a cast iron sauce pan with the olive oil and add beef, garlic, tomatoes, onions and jalapeño; gently sauté until the onion is softened and the garlic fragrant. Add the water, beans and seasonings and continue to gently simmer. Small Tomato Salad for the Tortilla Topping: Combine all of the above in a small bowl and mix. Test Kitchen Tips Use the internet to easily locate ethnic or hard-to-find foods when specialty markets are not nearby; many ingredients are available via mail order. Increase heat and add ground beef to skillet and brown until cooked through.