Bacon & Onion Roll. Bacon is a type of salt-cured pork made from various cuts, typically from the pork belly or from the less fatty back cuts. It is eaten on its own, as a side dish (particularly in breakfasts). Bacon or "bacoun" was a Middle English term used to refer to all pork in general.
Ever wonder how bacon is made? Get the full history and 'making of' right here! Subscribe to Discovery UK for more great clips. You can have Bacon & Onion Roll using 16 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon & Onion Roll
- You need of Bread dough.
- You need 300 g (10.58 oz) of Bread flour.
- You need 170 ml (5.74 fl oz) of Water.
- You need 30 g (1.05 oz) of Sugar.
- You need 6 g (0.21 oz) of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 6 g (0.21 oz) of Salt.
- You need 4 tsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Ingredients / Toppings.
- You need 100 g (3.52 oz) of Bacon slices.
- It’s 1 of Onion *large.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s to taste of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare to taste of Shredded cheese.
- It’s to taste of Parsley.
Bacon is any of certain cuts of meat taken from the sides, belly, or back of a pig that may be cured and/or smoked. Bacon may be eaten fried, baked, or grilled, or used as a minor ingredient to flavor dishes. Bacon definition: Bacon is salted or smoked meat which comes from the back or sides of a pig. How to make spectacular bacon, the easy way.
Bacon & Onion Roll instructions
- Peel onion and slice thinly..
- Slice and cut bacon..
- Stir-fry the bacon first, and then add onion to it. *No need to put oil in the pan for stir-fry. Oil comes out from the bacon and is enough for this mixture..
- Season it with salt & pepper, Stir-fry a little bit, and then stop the heat..
- Put water & sugar in a cup or bowl and heat at 600W for 30 sec. *Not to make it hot, but lukewarm..
- Add dry yeast and mix well..
- Add half the amount of this mixture to the bread flour, mix it, and knead well..
- Add salt & olive oil and then knead again..
- Add the rest of the bread flour and knead well..
- Put the bread mixture on the big cutting board and knead more. *If the size of the cutting board is not big enough, divide the bread dough into two..
- Spread the bread mixture and make a rectangle shape with a rolling pin..
- Place the bacon & onion mixture on the bread. *Make some sapce on each edge to make it easy to roll up..
- Roll it up gently..
- Cut slices and place in the baking cups..
- Pre-heat the oven at 200℃ (392℉). *I always put the heat safe tray on the oven to get the heat a little bit. It makes the bread ferment and inflate a little..
- Beat an egg and mix with water..
- Spread the beaten egg mixture on the surface with a brush. *It will brown the bread and make it shiny..
- Put some mayonnaise on top of the roll..
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top..
- Bake at 200℃ (392℉) for 25 mins. *until the bread's surface becomes light brown..
- Sprinkle some parsley on top and done!.
- Also recommended! "Cinnamon & Raisins Roll" Recipe ID : 13580141.
Bacon cooked in the oven definitely gets crispy, but I also find that it retains a bit of chewiness near the middle, especially when cooking thick-cut bacon. Define bacon. bacon synonyms, bacon pronunciation, bacon translation, English dictionary definition of bacon. n. The salted and smoked meat from the back and sides of a pig. bacon. n. Delicious strips of juicy, pork heaven. Served often at breakfast with eggs, but perfectly good served alone and at Joe: "There are only two kinds of people in this world, those who love bacon." From Middle English bacon ("meat from the back and sides of a pig"), from Anglo-Norman bacon, bacun ("ham, flitch, strip of lard"), from Old Low Frankish *bakō ("ham, flitch"), from Proto-Germanic *bakô, *bakkô ("back"), from Proto-Indo-European *bʰeg- ("back, buttocks; to vault, arch").