Pimento Cheese. It was like having my mothers Pimento cheese spread from when I was a kid. The absolute BEST I have ever had! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to try the other varieties.
If you appreciate cheddar cheese, pimento cheese is going to be your new favorite party dip and sandwich spread. Do you say PIMENTO cheese or PIMIENTO cheese? It doesn't matter, because whatever you call this classic southern cheese recipe, it's plain delicious. You can have Pimento Cheese using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pimento Cheese
- You need 1 lb of block medium cheddar.
- It’s 1 of small or half a large jar of diced pimentos. Roasted red peppers, diced, work just as well.
- You need 1 of cup, give or take, mayo.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of 1/4 cup sugar.
Pimento cheese is a tangy and creamy cheese spread that's often referred to as the pâté of the South. It's wonderful on crackers, crudités, sandwiches, or even burgers. Pimento Cheese – a quintessential of Southern food; primarily a blend of sharp cheddar cheese, mayonnaise and sweet spicy pimento peppers. How could pimento cheese, this most Southern of foods, possibly have been born outside the No, pimento cheese got its start up North—in New York, in fact—as a product of industrial food. 🎦 Pimento cheese.
Pimento Cheese step by step
- Grate the cheese into a large bowl. Add the pimentos with a little of the juice. Combine. Add mayo, sugar and salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly. Refrigerate..
It's a Southern staple: a spreadable dip for celery, sandwiches, crackers. We make ours with pimentos, cheddar and jack cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese. Pimento cheese, that beloved Southern staple, is perfect on its own, but it also makes for Pimento cheese—the simple combination of grated cheddar cheese with mayonnaise and pimientos—is a. Pimento-stuffed olives are the absolute classic garnish for martinis. But this sweet cherry pepper finds its way into cheese spreads and paprika, too.