Cornbread ham bake. A simple but delicious recipe for southern cornbread baked in a Dutch Oven on a fire. This recipe is perfect for Baking on a Campfire. We ate several of these Ham and Baked Beans in Cornbread Bowls for dinner one night along with a side salad…while watching Robbie get mad at his lack of balance.
This savory cornbread recipe, or "Southern Cornbread," will teach Northern cornbreads tend to be more cake-like, on the sweet side, with a finer crumb due to more. The Zojirushi bread machine has a cake setting. That would be perfect for cornbread right? You can have Cornbread ham bake using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornbread ham bake
- Prepare of cornbread.
- It’s 2 cup of Bisquick.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of corn meal.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter salted.
- You need of ham mixture.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 small of jar of pimentos.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 cup of (thawed) frozen corn.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of ham cubed.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
However, instead of giving a cornbread recipe the manual tells you to use a mix. Sweet and savory cornbread tossed with creamy butter, celery, onion PAIRS WELL WITH Baked Cinnamon Apples. Cornbread is a highly underrated side dish. You can whip up this deliciously sweet and moist homemade cornbread recipe with just a few pantry staples, and it makes a perfect side dish for.
Cornbread ham bake instructions
- Combine first 4 ingredients in bowl.
- In separate bowl combine eggs, milk and butter. Mix well..
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well..
- Spray 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray..
- Put cornbread mixture in baking pan and bake at 350° for 30-40 min.Until toothpick comes clean.
- Let cornbread cool..
- Next you will be making the ham mixture..
- In a large stock pot add.
- Bring all ingrediets to boil and simmer for 12 min..
- Combine 1/2 of cornbread crumbled large. (Size of golf ball) in large bowl and add following ingredients.
- Mix well. Now add ham and veggie mixture to cornbread mixture and mix til ingredients are combined..
- Spray 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray..
- Pour cornbread ham casserole mixture into pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes..
Loading Manage Baked Salmon with Beet and Watercress Mash in my favorites, recipe is not saved recipe is. This Tennessee Southern corn light bread isn't low in calories or fat, but the texture is lighter than a typical Southern cornbread. This really is the best buttermilk cornbread! So let's be real… cornbread isn't the hardest or trickiest thing to make, but everyone has different tastes. This cornbread is a rare compromise between Southern and Northern cornbreads: it's "just right," as far as the amount of sugar.