Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito.
You can have Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito
- You need 1 bunch of Recao.
- Prepare 1 of Ajices Dulces (small sweet peppers).
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- It’s 1 packages of peeled garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of large red bell peppers (or 1 can of pimientos).
- Prepare 3 of large green cooking peppers (or bell peppers).
- Prepare 3 of medium onions.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt (optional).
Puerto Rican Traditional Sofrito step by step
- Take off the stems from the ajices dulces. Cut your peppers in chunks (discarding the seeds), and the onions.
- Wash all your ingredients. Place all your ingredients in your blender. (You can also use a Food Processor, or even a Bullet.) You can blend without water, because it releases its own. BUT if your blender doesn't start, just add 1-2 tablespoons of water..
- Blend until you get the constistency you like then add your salt (optional). You can add water if its too thick..
- You can store a small pint container in the fridge and the rest in the freezer for freshness for as long as you like..
- When done be sure to wash your blender/food processor/bullet with hot water and soap so that the flavor of garlic and onion won't stay..