Pimento Cheese. It was like having my mothers Pimento cheese spread from when I was a kid. The absolute BEST I have ever had! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to try the other varieties.
If you appreciate cheddar cheese, pimento cheese is going to be your new favorite party dip and sandwich spread. Do you say PIMENTO cheese or PIMIENTO cheese? It doesn't matter, because whatever you call this classic southern cheese recipe, it's plain delicious. You can have Pimento Cheese using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pimento Cheese
- You need 12 oz of cheese, 8 sharp cheddar, 4 pepper jack.
- It’s 3/4 cup of roasted red pepper diced about the size of half your pinky nail.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pimento stuffed green olives thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, add more as needed.
- You need 1 dash of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of hot sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of optional ingrediants, finely chopped jalapenos or hot bana peppers.
Pimento cheese is a tangy and creamy cheese spread that's often referred to as the pâté of the South. It's wonderful on crackers, crudités, sandwiches, or even burgers. Pimento Cheese – a quintessential of Southern food; primarily a blend of sharp cheddar cheese, mayonnaise and sweet spicy pimento peppers. How could pimento cheese, this most Southern of foods, possibly have been born outside the No, pimento cheese got its start up North—in New York, in fact—as a product of industrial food. 🎦 Pimento cheese.
Pimento Cheese instructions
- Grate cheese on large holes of a box grater. Cheese will grate more easily if placed in freezer for a few minutes. Spray grater with cooking spray..
- Drain the peppers, blot dry & dice finely..
- Drain the olives, blot dry & slice thinly..
- Mix peppers & olives with grated cheese..
- Add mayonaise & worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Add more mayonaise if needed to achieve desired texture. Taste & adjust..
It's a Southern staple: a spreadable dip for celery, sandwiches, crackers. We make ours with pimentos, cheddar and jack cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese. Pimento cheese, that beloved Southern staple, is perfect on its own, but it also makes for Pimento cheese—the simple combination of grated cheddar cheese with mayonnaise and pimientos—is a. Pimento-stuffed olives are the absolute classic garnish for martinis. But this sweet cherry pepper finds its way into cheese spreads and paprika, too.