POLLO GUISADO (CHICKEN STEW). Pollo guisado is a delicious chicken dish with meat that practically falls off the bone. Both children and adults love it, so it makes a great family meal. The chicken's tenderness is the result of a combination of two techniques: braising—lightly frying and then stewing low and slow in a closed.
Pollo Guisado y Arroz Blanco Puertoriqueño (Chicken stew with white rice). Shredded Chicken Empanadas Puerto Rican Style Empanadas de Pollo Guisado Estilo Puertorriqueño. You can cook POLLO GUISADO (CHICKEN STEW) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of POLLO GUISADO (CHICKEN STEW)
- You need of chicken.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of Chicken thighs and legs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of adobo.
- You need of stew.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 envelope of sazón.
- You need 1/2 cup of sofrito.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olives with pimento.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 8 oz of tomatoe sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 large of potatoe (cubed).
- Prepare 4 of carrots (sliced 1/4 in.).
- Prepare 1 of ear corn on the cob (cut into 4 equally sized pieces).
Reviews for: Photos of Pollo Guisado (Dominican Stewed Chicken). You saved Pollo Guisado (Dominican Stewed Chicken) to your Favorites. This Pollo Guisado recipe, or Puerto Rican stewed chicken, is flavorful, colorful and healthy, as it's accompanied by tons of veggies. If you do have a little.
POLLO GUISADO (CHICKEN STEW) instructions
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with adobo..
- In a heavy skillet or dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides. About 4-6 mins per side..
- Add the sofrito, tomatoe sauce, broth to the pot turning the chicken to coat then followed by the other ingredients. Cover, and reduce to a low simmer for 35 mins. or the chicken is done..
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro or parsley. Enjoy.
Now you can make Pollo Guisado Dominicano (Dominican Chicken)–one of the most popular dishes in Dominican cuisine– with this detailed recipe with easy-to-follow video. This is a treat you cannot miss. This is a yummy version of chicken stew that I got from my Puerto Rican inlaws. Very tasty and inexpensive to make. I have never measured the ingredients so I guessed on them.