You can cook Texas Caviar using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Texas Caviar
- Prepare of Marinade.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
- You need 3/4 cup of Cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s of veggies.
- You need 1 can of Black beans.
- You need 1 can of White shoepeg corn.
- It’s 1 small of jar pimentos.
- You need 1 of Green pepper finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Red pepper finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Celery finely chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Purple onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 6 of Jalapeño finely chopped.
Texas Caviar instructions
- For the marinade mix all ingredients in sauce pan, mixing frequently bring to a boil, remove from burner and let cool..
- Drain and rinse beans well. Drain corn and pimentos. In a large bowl add ALL veggies, pour marinade over veggies, mix well. Refrigerate for 24 hours..
- Drain a spoonful at a time, this can be kept up to 2 months as long as it's in the marinade..
- Serve with scoops (or any type or corn chip). We just started putting a spoonful on top of a salad. So delish!!!!.
- I always make this for parties everyone loves it!!! And I double the batch. People eat it like they've never eaten before!.