Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas.
You can have Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped Chorizo or Spicy Sausage (Salchichón).
- You need 1 can of (15 oz.) Gandules (Pigeon Peas).
- You need 1 clove of minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped Red Onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped Green Peppers.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Roasted Red Peppers.
- It’s 1 packages of Chicken Bullion.
- You need 1 packages of Sazon with Culantro and Achiote.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of of Sofrito.
- You need 1 tbsp of Adobo Goya.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried Oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sliced Pimento stuffed Green Olives.
- You need 4 oz of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 cup of White Rice (uncooked).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas instructions
- In a medium pot, on medium heat, add oil, sofrito, garlic, onions, green peppers, red peppers and chorizo. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Add tomato sauce, can of gandules (with liquid), green olives, adobo, chicken bullion, sazon and dried oregano. Stir thoroughly and cook covered for about 3 minutes..
- Add rice, water, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. LEAVE UNCOVERED on medium heat until water is almost completely dissolved..
- As soon as water is almost dissolved, stir twice scooping from the bottom up and over. Cover and lower heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes. DO NOT UNCOVER LID. After 20 minutes, stir the rice. It should be fluffly and golden. If not, cover for 10 more minutes and voila!.
- Buen Provecho :-).