Puertorican bistec (beef stew). Bistec Encebollado Puerto Rican Steak and Onions – How to make Bistec Encebollado. Carne Guisada or Puerto Rican Beef Stew. Great recipe for Puertorican bistec (beef stew). · When I first tasted this dish I was swept off my feet.
Puerto Rican beef stew is one of my mom's specialties, I always got super excited whenever she said this was on the menu. Good carne guisada is like a warm belly hug, full of deliciously tender meat, potatoes, carrots and plenty of Latin spices. This delicious and satisfying Puerto Rican stew with corned beef, corn, and potatoes is an easy, family-friendly dinner for a weeknight. You can cook Puertorican bistec (beef stew) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Puertorican bistec (beef stew)
- You need 2 lb of sirloin steak, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of distilled vinegar.
- You need 1 envelope of sazon seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of adobo season salt or to taste.
- You need 1 can of 16oz. diced tomatoes, undrained (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sofrito.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olives with pimento.
- You need 1 large of onion, sliced half moon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooking wine, white or red ( I use red goya wine).
- Prepare 3 medium of potatoes, peeled & quartered.
- It’s 3 can of 16oz. beef stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
This is a stew using canned corned beef and ingredients easily found in most home pantries and refrigerators. As many of you know we're currently stationed in Japan with the Air Force. I recommend any cut of beef chuck or beef round. Delicious and flavorful Puerto Rican Carne Guisada or beef stewed made using an Instant Pot.
Puertorican bistec (beef stew) step by step
- I start peeling cutting potatoes first & place in cold water just to get them out the way..
- Cook steak in olive oil on medium-high heat. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, then add garlic..
- When steak half thoroughly cooked add vinegar and wine. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add rest of ingredients, except tomatoes. They go in last 10 minutes of cooking, if you decide to use. Bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling, lower heat to simmer & cover. Cook for 30-45 minutes until meat tender..
- Serve with red or white rice & beans, & salad..
Find out how easy it is to make this You need to try Carne Guisada or Puerto Rican Beef Stew, and if you think you are going to mess this up, then may I suggest this Instant. This Puerto Rican dish is outstanding in flavor but also incredibly easy to make. Puerto Ricans usually serve bistec encebollado, and many other meat dishes with arroz con gandules, and maduros (rice with pigeon peas and fried sweet plantain respectively). A staple in Puerto Rican cooking. Serve with white rice and tostones.