Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas.
You can have Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas
- Prepare 2 cup of Long Grain Rice.
- Prepare 4 cup of Hot Water or Beef Broth ( add more water if needed ).
- You need 1/2 cup of Sofrito.
- You need 1 can of Gandules ( 16 oz ).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Alcaparrado (capers/olives/pimento mixed).
- You need 1 packages of Sazón con achiote.
- It’s 1 can of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt & Pepper ( to your taste ).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Oil.
Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas step by step
- In a medium pot, add oil, tomato sauce, alcaparrado, sofrito and Sazón..
- Cook 4 minutes then add the rest of the ingredients..
- Bring to a boil & cook on high until most of the water is absorbed..
- Once the water is absorbed, stir gently from bottom to top only once or twice..
- Cover, turn heat to low and cook 30 minutes or until rice is tender..
- from elboricua.com.