Cheesy ham and potato casserole. Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole from Delish.com turns your leftover ham into the heartiest dinner bake. While whisking, slowly pour in milk. Stir in ham and season with salt and pepper.
This Ham and Potato Casserole is a delicious and very simple dinner! Ham and potatoes smothered in a homemade cheesy sauce! It makes a big meal and it's not expensive to make! You can cook Cheesy ham and potato casserole using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham and potato casserole
- You need 1 (30 oz) of bag frozen county style shredded hash browns.
- You need 1 (10 1/2 oz) of can cream of chicken.
- Prepare 1 (10 1/2 oz) of can cream of celery.
- You need 16 oz of container of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded mexican cheese blend.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of or more green onions sliced.
- You need 4 oz of jar of pimentos.
- It’s 2 cups of diced ham.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 cups of plain corn flakes crushed.
- Prepare 1/8-1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter melted.
The best part is that it's very versatile… replace cheddar with swiss, replace ham with chicken… in this recipe, they will all. Ham and potato casserole is a mouthwatering dinner idea your entire family will love! This comfort food features slices of potatoes, ham and cheese in a creamy sauce with a golden au gratin crust on top. Serve it as a main course by itself or as a side with other dishes, and it's perfect for a party too.
Cheesy ham and potato casserole instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375° degrees.
- Coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl mix soups, sour cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir in hashbrowns, pimentos, ham, green onions and mexican cheese blend,.
- Spoon half into baking dish and sprinkle on 1 cup cheddar cheese on top and repeat then.
- Melt butter and mix in cayenne pepper and mix in crushed cornflakes and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then enjoy.
This cozy, comforting cheesy ham and potato casserole is a crowd favorite! It's topped with an irresistible buttery cornflake topping. How to Make Ham Potato Casserole. I generally share from-scratch recipes here on Life Made Simple. So when you saw this recipe I'm sure some of you were.