You can cook Ochro Rice using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ochro Rice
- Prepare 2 of pigtails cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of brown rice.
- You need 3/4 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 5 of ochros sliced horizontally (fine).
- Prepare 1 of diced carrot.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 5 of pimentos.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 1 of chive.
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need 7 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Ochro Rice step by step
- Boil pigtails in a pot of water for approx. 20 minutes..
- Blend together celery, chive, garlic and 2 pimentos in a cup of water..
- After pigtails have finished remove from pot..
- Using a non stick pot combine all the ingredients and cook on a medium fire until desired rice texture is achieved..
- Cayenne pepper and additional salt may be added if desired.