Pomodoro Stuffed peppers. Clean the seeds and membranes out of the peppers. A spoon or paring knife will work. Cool in a colander or run under some cool water until.
Stuffed peppers with mince, rice and tomato sauce, Turkish or Eastern European style of cooking My grandmother cooked her stuffed peppers in a similar way, I've eaten similar stuffed peppers. Add the remaining basil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the sauce into a food mill, food processor, or juicer and process until the. You can cook Pomodoro Stuffed peppers using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pomodoro Stuffed peppers
- You need 4 large of bell peppers.
- It’s 1/2 lb of reg mild sausage.
- You need 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of your favorite steamed rice.
- It’s 1 can of pomodoro peeled tomatoes.
- It’s 1 small of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bagged peas.
- Prepare 1 oz of sliced pimientos.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pesto.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 cup of colby jack cheese.
Simple pomodoro sauce recipe for pasta & more! Get the answers to "What is Pomodoro Sauce I like to add a dash of red pepper flakes too. Stuffed peppers can be filled with any combination of starches, meat, beans, and sauces, making them the ultimate leftover vehicle. Stuffed peppers are what dinner dreams are made of.
Pomodoro Stuffed peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook rice.
- Prepare ground sausage and ground beef, I do it separately then combined..
- Wile beef is still pink add garlic onion and cook till rare.
- Slice canned stewed pomodoro tomatoes add them to your ground meat.
- In large mixing bowl add meat, peas, pimientos paprika, onion powder, Worcester, pesto and rice.
- Place cleaned bell peppers in a pot with a lid and some water, let's boil about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place peppers in casserole dish and fill up with meat mixture.
- Spoon leftover tomato sauce from the can of pomodoro tomatoes on top of each pepper.
- Bake peppers 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Divide grated cheese into 4, place on top, let melt until golden brown.
- let stand 10 minutes serve and enjoy.
Hundreds of satisfied home cooks agree: this stuffed peppers recipe is a winner. And it's no wonder why—even picky eaters love stuffed peppers (hint: they taste like cheeseburgers). Comforting stuffed peppers don't have to be boring! Take a look at these recipes, including classic The fillings for stuffed peppers are limited only by the cook's imagination. This lazy stuffed peppers recipe is plate-lickin' good and will satisfy your hunger big time!