Moroccan Lamb Stew.
You can have Moroccan Lamb Stew using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Canola Oil.
- It’s 2 lb of Cubed Lamb Stew Meat.
- It’s 2 of Garlic Cloves (Minced).
- Prepare 1 of Large Yellow Onion (Diced).
- It’s 4 of Medium Carrots (Diced).
- It’s 2 Tsp of Ground Coriander.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of Can of Chickpeas (Rinsed and Drained).
- It’s 1 Cup of Dried Apricots (Chopped).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Pimento-Stuffed Green Olives.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of Can Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Beef Broth.
Moroccan Lamb Stew step by step
- In a large Dutch Oven on medium high heat, heat oil. Season lamb with salt and pepper and add to Dutch oven. Cook until well browned, 10 – 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain..
- Add garlic, onion, and carrots and saute until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin, and cinnamon stick. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds..
- Add the chickpeas, apricots, green olives, tomatoes (with juices), reserved lamb, and beef broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until lamb is very tender, 60 – 90 minutes. Discard the cinnamon sticks. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary..
- Nutrition per serving: 495 calories, 38g protein, 46g carbs, 10g fiber, 16g fat..