Neck Bones Puerto Rican.
You can have Neck Bones Puerto Rican using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Neck Bones Puerto Rican
- You need 4-5 pounds of pork neck bones.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Allspice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Smoked Spanish Paprika.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil – Separated 2/1.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Sofrito (can be store bought or homemade).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of +/- Fresh Garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium Onion halved in rings.
- Prepare 1 packet of Sazon seasoning with Culantro and Achiote.
- Prepare 1-8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Pimento Stuffed Olives.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Capers +/-.
- Prepare 1 tsp of +/- Salt.
- Prepare 1 of tso +/- Black Pepper.
Neck Bones Puerto Rican instructions
- Combine Allspice, Cumin and Paprika. Dust both sides of Neck Bones..
- In 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, brown Neck Bones on both sides. When finished, place in bottom of slow cooker on top of Bay Leaves. Add Red Wine Vinegar..
- In 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, sautee Sofrito until oils release and are fragrant. Halfway through, add the Onions and Garlic taking care not to burn the garlic..
- Add the Sazon packet and Tomato Sauce to the Sofrito mixture and stir to combine..
- At the end of the sautee, add Salt and Pepper.
- Pour mixture over the top of the browned Neck Bones..
- Put Olives and Capers on top of Sofrito mixture and sprinkle Oregano on top..
- Set slow cooker to low for 6 hrs..
- Neck Bones should be easily removed at serving time..