You can have Ropa Veija using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ropa Veija
- It’s 3 lb of beef chuck roast.
- Prepare 4 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 4 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 6 of roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of achote paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken bullion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of jars pimento olives.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomatoe paste.
Ropa Veija step by step
- this recipe is great in a slow cooker or big enough crock pot. its a great dish to leave overnight cooking on low.the longer it cooks the better it taste..
- start by adding your roast, water, all seasonings,chopped garlic, bay leaves, and achote paste. cook time Is usually 4-10hrs depending on how high or low you cook it..
- slice your veggies and set aside..
- check your meat every so often.once its starts shredding abit you can help it out by shredding with 2 forks, check for seasoning. Now add in vegtables, drained olives & 2tbspn of tomatoe paste. let cook another 30min. you can serve with or without the stock juice your choice. the name translates to old dirty clothes.lol shredded beef..