Spanish rice with chicken. It's easy because everything cooks in one single pot or skillet. Ingredients in Spanish Chicken and Rice. To make the perfect weeknight meal, you will need to gather the following ingredients This easy baked Spanish chicken dish is an easy paella dish with chorizo.
I pretty much live at my local Smith's Marketplace. My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. The browning is essential to the nutty, almost toasty flavor of the rice. You can cook Spanish rice with chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish rice with chicken
- Prepare of rice.
- You need 1 of lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of uncooked white rice, I use basmati.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of beer, I use a light color beer.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chicken broth, if you do not wish to use alcohol double the broth.
- Prepare 4 oz of of pimento with liquid.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of pimento stuffed green olives.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of achiote oil or olive oil.
- You need 4 clove of of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked spanish paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of tumeric.
And although bouillon can be substituted for the chicken stock, nothing beats homemade. On today's lunch menu is Spanish rice with chicken & shrimp. Follow this easy recipe and you will have your meal cooked in no time! And no worries if you don't have a slow cooker – simply transform your rice cooker into a slow cooker so you can still get the job done!
Spanish rice with chicken instructions
- In large skillet on medium heat, saute chicken in achiote oil until browned about 10 minutes..
- Add in garlic and onion and cook another minute..
- Add pimento, olives and rice plus seasonings. cook 2 more minutes..
- Add beer and broth and cover, reducing heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender..
- Recipe for achiote oil is in my profile..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Garnishes make my Spanish Chicken and Rice extra delicious. The garnishes include slivered almonds, raisins, lemon juice, cilantro and green onions. All the garnishes are super simple, but together they make this dish a balance of sweet, salty, sour and spicy flavors. This delicious and easy Spanish chicken and rice recipe makes the perfect meal. Known as arroz con pollo in Spain and Latin America, it's a must try!