English muffin & sausage casserole. Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. English muffins are stovetop affairs — no need to turn on the oven! Cook them in a large skillet Note to self: Make English muffins way more often.
This Homemade English Muffins recipe is so much easier than you think! Homemade English Muffins Anyone Can Make. This recipe turned out to be a winner and it's actually quite simple. You can have English muffin & sausage casserole using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of English muffin & sausage casserole
- It’s 1 pack of thomas english muffins.
- You need 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 lb of mild ground sausage.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of pimentos chopped.
- You need 2 cups of chedder cheese shredded.
All the nooks and crannies you love made right at home with my Homemade English Muffins recipe! A flat, disc-like bread roll, traditionally given its appearance by cooking both sides of a ball of soft dough on a very hot plate so that the bread is scorched on either side. English Muffins start with an overnight rise so that they are nearly ready to be baked off in the morning. Once baked, they get split open with a fork(!!!) to reveal all of those classic nooks and.
English muffin & sausage casserole step by step
- Toast all of the english muffins then cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Brown and crumble ground sausage in a skillet till done.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper and milk then mix in pimentos.
- Mix 1/2 cup softened butter with maple syrup then melt in the microwave till fully melted.
- In a 13 × 9 inch baking dish spray with cooking oil.
- Add half of the muffin pieces, then use a spoon too drizzle on about 1/4 cup of butter mixture on the english muffins pieces, add half of the sausage and pour on half of the egg mixture, then sprinkle on 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layer..
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator while oven is pre heating to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes then enjoy.
Jump To Section How to Store English Muffins Homemade English Muffin Recipe English muffins are a small, round flat bread which is typically sliced in half, toasted. English Muffin Breakfast SandwichBeyond The Chicken Coop. Breakfast Sandwich on an English Muffin With Charred Red Onions, Herbs, and CheddarEpicurious. After baking your English Muffins, make sure to let them cool completely. Once they are cooled, you can either freeze or refrigerate them.