Pimento Cheese. It was like having my mothers Pimento cheese spread from when I was a kid. The absolute BEST I have ever had! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to try the other varieties.
If you appreciate cheddar cheese, pimento cheese is going to be your new favorite party dip and sandwich spread. Do you say PIMENTO cheese or PIMIENTO cheese? It doesn't matter, because whatever you call this classic southern cheese recipe, it's plain delicious. You can cook Pimento Cheese using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pimento Cheese
- You need 2 cups of grated mild cheddar (do not use pre-grated).
- You need 2 cups of grated pepper jack.
- You need 6 oz of cream cheese (room temp).
- You need 2 jars of pimentos smashed with liquid.
- Prepare 1 cup of miracle whip.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated onion.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of house seasoning (recipe follows).
- Prepare of House seasoning (1/4 cp salt 1/4 cp pepper 1/4 cp garlic powder).
Pimento cheese is a tangy and creamy cheese spread that's often referred to as the pâté of the South. It's wonderful on crackers, crudités, sandwiches, or even burgers. Pimento Cheese – a quintessential of Southern food; primarily a blend of sharp cheddar cheese, mayonnaise and sweet spicy pimento peppers. How could pimento cheese, this most Southern of foods, possibly have been born outside the No, pimento cheese got its start up North—in New York, in fact—as a product of industrial food. 🎦 Pimento cheese.
Pimento Cheese instructions
- Mix cream cheese in bowl until fluffy..
- Add other ingredients to bowl and fold lightly..
- Add miracle whip..
- Mix well until thoroughly blended..
- Serve and enjoy..
It's a Southern staple: a spreadable dip for celery, sandwiches, crackers. We make ours with pimentos, cheddar and jack cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese. Pimento cheese, that beloved Southern staple, is perfect on its own, but it also makes for Pimento cheese—the simple combination of grated cheddar cheese with mayonnaise and pimientos—is a. Pimento-stuffed olives are the absolute classic garnish for martinis. But this sweet cherry pepper finds its way into cheese spreads and paprika, too.