Fried Macaroni and cheese balls.
You can have Fried Macaroni and cheese balls using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Macaroni and cheese balls
- You need 1 pkg of Mac and cheese mix.
- You need 2 T of butter.
- You need 1/4 C of milk.
- You need 1 C of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 3/4 C of pimento cheese spread.
- Prepare 1 C of Italian cheese blend, shredded.
- You need 2 C of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 3 T of milk.
- It’s 4 C of peanut oil for frying.
Fried Macaroni and cheese balls step by step
- Fill a pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the macaroni, return to boil. Cook uncovered for about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in 2T butter, 1/4C milk, cheese packet from package..
- While the macaroni is hot, stir in cheddar cheese, pimento cheese, Italian cheese, until melted. Place macaroni mixture in refrigerator for at least 4 hours..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove mac balls from refrigerator and use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls. Put the balls on the baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours..
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350°..
- Whisk breadcrumbs with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, sugar, and cayenne in a shallow dish; set aside..
- Beat the eggs with the 3T milk in a small bowl. Remove Mac balls from freezer, coat in the egg wash, and dredge in breading..
- Fry the Mac balls in small batches until golden 3-5 minutes. Drain briefly on a paper towel- lined plate; serve hot..