Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas. Cabbage leaves are the perfect crispy taco shell alternative. Add your favorite taco toppings–pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado and jalapeño–and never miss the extra carbs and Taco Tuesday goes low-carb with a tortilla made of veggies. Cabbage leaves are the perfect crispy taco shell alternative.
Roll up bottom third of tortilla. Divide chicken among warm tortillas; top with cabbage mixture and avocado slices. The cabbage slaw was so refreshing with the chicken and the mango. You can cook Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas
- Prepare 1 pound of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1 pound of chicken thighs boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1 pint of water.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground annatto powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced green olives with pimentos.
- You need 1/2 of large yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of large red bell pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely diced parsley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 12 of medium-sized flour tortillas.
- You need 1-2 of medium limes cut into wedges.
I couldn't get my tortillas to stay so I used an elastic band to keep the tortillas on the ramekins. My husband thought it would melt, but I was willing to risk it since the tortillas were not in the oven that long. Swap tortillas for cabbage to cut carbs in this five-ingredient, completely delicious dinner that everyone will love. Succulent cabbage sauteed with tender chicken and vegetables.
Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas step by step
- In a pot add the water, spices, raisins, celery and peppers. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Slice the chicken and add.
- Simmer 15 minutes covered shred the chicken and add the onion. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes more..
- Add the cabbage, cilantro, and parsley, and stir.
- Add tomato paste and sugar, simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust spices..
- Heat tortillas and serve with lime wedges..
- I hope you enjoy!.
- In the main picture I fried those tortillas till they rise and are crispy.
I also cook vegetarian cabbage quite often. A couple of years ago, I decided to try it with chicken and it exceeded all my expectations. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican Once you know the basics, it's all too easy to make chicken tortilla soup at home — even on a busy Monday night. Here's my favorite way to do it. Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made.