Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade.
You can have Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of stuffing.
- You need 1 cup of fontina cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced black olives.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers or pimentos (in the jar).
Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade instructions
- Preheat oven to 325° butterfly cut the chicken breasts.
- Place saran wrap over chicken on cutting board or place 2 breasts at a time in a gallon ziplock bag and pound with meat mallet till breasts are fairly thin..
- Season 1 side of breasts with some of the garlic salt. Just till lightly dusted..
- Place 1/8th of spinach flat onto wide end of breasts.
- Then place 1/8th of the cheese (either cut strips or shredded) onto wide end of breasts.
- Repeat with olives and peppers.
- Roll up the chicken breasts nice and snug keeping the stuffing inside. Then tie each end with meat string. Tie a bow so it's easy to pull out later..
- Heat olive oil in skillet on med-high heat and brown outside of chicken. Do not cook through.
- Place rolls into baking dish, spoon a few spoonfuls of the pepper juice from the jar over the chicken. Then season top of chicken with remaining garlic salt, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Finish chicken in the oven baking for about 15-20 minutes till chicken is cooked through. Do not cook too long, cheese will ooz out and chicken will dry out..
- Untie string then slice into 1 inch pieces to serve. Enjoy!.