Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT. A Southern twist on a BLT swapping out the ripe red tomatoes for crispy fried green tomatoes and adding some tasty pimento cheese. Sorry about the lack of updates this past week; I had some computer problems which are hopefully resolved now! You can still get green tomatoes at the.
Some of you may already be familiar with this sandwich combination. One of my favorite indulgent sandwiches is a fried green tomato BLT. Throw some pimento cheese in the mix and it's even better. You can cook Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT
- It’s 1 of green tomato.
- Prepare 1 of panko bread cumbs.
- Prepare 1 of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- It’s 1 of prepared pimento cheese.
- You need 1 of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of ciabatta roll.
Mix the masa harina, cornmeal and creole seasoning and place it in a wide and shallow dish. Pull the tomato slices out of the buttermilk and dredge them in the cornmeal mixture. Featuring homemade jalapeño cornbread, pimento cheese spread, classic fried green tomatoes, and plenty of bacon, this recipe may be involved, but it is beyond worth it. Place tomatoes on a large paper towel-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT step by step
- Slice 1inch slices of green tomato season with salt,pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- Create a breading station: 1plate for flour, 1plate for panko & 1 bowl for egg wash.
- Season a plate of flour & a plate of panko bread crumbs the same way as the tomatoes. *tomatoes take a lot of seasoning.
- Make an egg wash w/ 1 egg splash of water or buttermilk season well.
- Dip the tomato slices in egg wash-flour-egg wash & then panko shaking off the extra with each step.
- Fry the breaded slices in a pan of shallow(just enough 2 cover bottom of pan well) cooking oil. After cooking drain on paper bag or paper towels.
- Crisp up your bacon in oven or microwave figuring about 4 slices per sandwich. After cooking drain on paper bags or towels.
- Slice open your ciabatta roll & lightly butter the outside then sprinkle lightly w/ garlic powder. Spread the pimento cheese on the interior. Put together then grill sandwich in a pan.
- After sandwich is browned on both sides & cheese is melted remove from pan. Open sandwich add a few fried tomato slices & your bacon then enjoy!.
Spread cut sides of each roll with pimiento cheese. Place rolls, pimiento cheese side up, on a baking sheet and broil until cheese is melted. Come into the kitchen with us and let's get to cooking again. Here we attempted fried green tomatoes with a twist — or shall we say stuffing — Pimento. Place a Tablespoon of Palmetto Cheese on a slice of tomato, top cheese with another slice of tomato and slightly press together.