Eggplant and beef. What do you grow in your summer garden? We typically grow tomatoes, cucumber, yellow squash, zucchini, green peppers, and eggplant. This Beef & Eggplant Casserole is THE BEST!
Scatter ½ cup pomegranate arils over beef. Sprinkle reserved parsley over entire platter. Drizzle with a bit more oil before serving. You can cook Eggplant and beef using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant and beef
- Prepare 1/3 lb of eye of round beef.
- Prepare 7 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/3 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cubed eggplant.
- It’s 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced olives and pimentos.
Ground beef, two varieties of cheese, and thinly-sliced eggplant make this a hearty lasagna. Reviews for: Photos of Eggplant and Ground Beef Lasagna. For moussaka, eggplant is cooked then layered with ground beef, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, eggs, and other seasonings. Moussaka – Eggplant With Ground Beef (or Lamb) and Cheese.
Eggplant and beef step by step
- Slice the beef into ribbons and thinly.
- Add butter to a pan heat. Add the beef and eggplant. Add salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. Stir well.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Add sauce, oregano, olives, and parsley. Let simmer stirring occasionally. When eggplant is done add cheese on top cover 5 minutes then serve, hope you enjoy!.
This Beef and Eggplant Casserole has been a family favorite for dinner for many years. This Beef and Eggplant Casserole is one of those recipes. I hardly ever make things with eggplant in them. My eggplant beef casserole is light on the wallet but big on taste. One of the reasons I love this recipe is that I love eggplant and I'm always looking for new ways to incorporate eggplant into dishes.