Pimento cheese Southern Style. Today I am sharing a redo of sorts. I have presented pimento cheese twice in the past ten years I have been on YouTube. The first was very early with a bad.
It was like having my mothers Pimento cheese spread from when I was a kid. The absolute BEST I have ever had! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to try the other varieties. You can cook Pimento cheese Southern Style using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pimento cheese Southern Style
- Prepare 1 of two cups of colby jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 of One package of softened cream cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz of of pimentos or a red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
Our best homemade pimento cheese recipe gets a signature crunch from toasted pecans and a dash of heat from ground red pepper. Serve with celery sticks and assorted crackers, or make a grilled pimento cheese sandwich in a skillet or panini press. To be clear, Duke's Mayonnaise is as necessary as cheese and pimentos in this recipe. Eugenia Duke began selling sandwiches with her homemade mayonnaise to soldiers stationed at Camp Sevier in Greenville, South Carolina.
Pimento cheese Southern Style step by step
- Ask the stuff you need.
- The mayonnaise and softened cream cheese together.
- Add pimento juice and all.
- Add pimento.
- Add the cheese.
- Mix everything together.
- Add your seasonings, 2 tablespoons paprika, 1 teaspoon of cayenne(i like heat) optional, salt and pepper to taste and a teaspoon of honey For a hint of sweetness.
- Mix together.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours let cheese firm and let the seasons merry.
- This is a picture of the pimento cheese after its has gotten firmed up night.
Southern Kitchen's Pimento Cheese Our signature pimento cheese recipe combines tangy white cheddar with smooth Monterey Jack and rich The most traditional style is to spread the pimento cheese between two slices of white bread. Other popular options include wedging it into celery ribs. This Southern pimento cheese spread is as delicious as it is versatile. It's fabulous in a sandwich or burger, and can be served as an appetizer. Pimento cheese spread is an important and much-loved Southern food, and it's super easy to prepare.