Puertorican Rice and Beans.
You can have Puertorican Rice and Beans using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puertorican Rice and Beans
- You need 4 cup of Goya Rice.
- It’s 1 packages of Sazon.
- It’s 1 packages of Ham in powder.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sofrito. (homemade green sauce) this is a must.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 slice of goya fancy pimientos.
Puertorican Rice and Beans instructions
- Firstly, you will need 2 pots. A caldero to make the rice and another pot to boil water..
- If you want to make 4 cups of 4ice then you boil 4 cups of water. If you want less or more of rice, you match that amount with the water..
- In the calderon you put 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Let it heat for abou a few mintutes the you add the sofrito..
- After the sofrito heats up you add the sazon and ham in powder.
- Now you add the beans and the fancy pimientos.
- Now add about half of this can of sauc along with bay leaves and the black pepper.
- Let it simmmer for 5 mins. The add the 4 cups of white uncook rice and the water. Once the water is added, throw in a teasoon of salt and let it all dry..