Bean n boiled plantain pottage. This One-Pot Beans and Plantains recipe (bean and plantain pottage) is finger-licking West African street food at its best. Black-eyed beans, palm oil and plantains make up this incredibly tasty, easy-to-make, one-pot meal. Beans is protein a class of food that builds our body, it's important n improve our health.
A satisfying, flavorful vegan bowl with rice, black beans, roasted plantains, avocado and veggie slaw. Should we refer to these meals as porridge: Yam Porridge, Plantain Porridge, Beans Porridge? After all the thick liquid in the meal is "porridgy" if you ask me ;D. You can cook Bean n boiled plantain pottage using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bean n boiled plantain pottage
- It’s 2 cups of bean.
- Prepare 2 of ripe plantain.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Scott bonnet.
- Prepare of Onions.
- Prepare of Palm oil.
- It’s of Seasoning n salt.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Fish (I use fresh fish).
Gizdodo is a great way to use a wide variety of farm ingredients in one meal. The main ingredients are plantains and gizzards. Sierra Leone recipe / West African recipe – This one-pot black-eyed beans and sweet potato recipe with palm oil (bean and sweet potato pottage) is finger-licking street food at its best. Time to share another one of my comforting West African recipes.
Bean n boiled plantain pottage instructions
- Pick beans and remove all dirt, bring water to boil, wash beans and add to boiling water, add chop onion n allow to cook until d beans is soft, drain excess water n set aside..
- Blend ur pepper, tomatoes, scot bonnet, n chop ur onion..
- Put palm oil in a pot and add ur chop onion, on a low heat stir fry d onion until soft, add ur blend peppers, bonnet n tomatoes, stir n allow to fry..
- Add water to d pot n cover d pot allow it boil, add seasoning n salt, wash ur plantain, peel n dice them, add to the boiling water, allow to cook for 7minute, add ur beans, and stir, reduce d heat..
- Wash ugwu leave with warm salt water n chop add to the beans..
- I serve with pepper fish.
As in a one-pot black-eyed beans and sweet potato recipe (aka bean and sweet potato pottage). You can add extras like chunks of boiled plantain or yam, as well as a dash of palm oil to serve. The spices used vary depending on the region; every. Beans Pottage (Red Red) Can be eaten by itself with fried plantain and vegetable or as a sauce for rice. Plantain porridge on the other hand, is a very delicious and healthy dish especially when combined with assorted vegetables, however it is optional not to cook with vegetables.