Brad's fried plantains over rice. Using plantains instead of regular rice gives this fried rice dish natural sweet flavor. Fried Plantains Recipe – Many home cooks will serve their main meal at noon along with a side of rice and fried plantains. Many other states produce bananas, like Chiapas, Veracruz, and Guerrero, but Tabasco was where I saw how people used it in their everyday meals.
Plentiful Plantain: How To Make Nigerian Fried Plantains With Jollof Rice. You will hardly go to a Nigerian party without experiencing the palatable and delicious taste of fried plantains with fried rice. Fried ripe plantains have a crispy, caramelized texture and irresistibly sweet taste. You can have Brad's fried plantains over rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's fried plantains over rice
- Prepare 2 of lg plantains.
- It’s of oil for frying.
- You need 2 cups of uncooked rice.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- It’s 4 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 of small can sweetened condensed milk.
It's a ubiquitous Caribbean dish that is served with almost every Serve fried ripe plantains as a side dish or snack. They're excellent alongside island favorites like red beans and rice and Jamaican jerk chicken and. The fried plantains add some amazing sweetness and texture to this dish, but if you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner, you could Black beans are simmered up with cumin and lime, then served over rice with sweet pan-fried plantains to make this mouthwatering Cuban-inspired vegan meal. So garlic tostones are basically fried plantains that have been pre-soaked in a garlic water to give them extra flavor.
Brad's fried plantains over rice step by step
- In a medium saucepan start rice by adding rice, water, and bouillon. Bring to a boil uncovered. Stir, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and do not stir. When water is almost absorbed, shut off heat. Leave on burner to finish..
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan. Preheat over medium, enough oil to just cover bottom of the pan..
- Peel plantains. Cut 3" long. Cut those pieces lengthwise into thin strips. Fry in oil until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels..
- Plate rice. Put fried plantains over the top. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk and serve..
The salty crunch with the softness of the rice and beans? Yeah, it becomes a very real need. Fried plantains are a tasty and versatile dish that can be served as a breakfast, snack, starter, side dish, or main course. Try this simple and easy-to-make fried plantains recipe and you'll be hooked. Suitable for vegan and paleo diets.