Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method). I post videos on the Gospel, DIYs, Music, Baking and sometimes random topics that I feel I should share with the world. Please feel free to like, subscribe and give comments to suggest what you want and also, to make me do things better. This Baked Plantain Frittata Recipe will definitely make the cut.
Fried Plantain and Egg Muffin aka Plantain Frittata – A healthier and delicious take on fried plantains and eggs that makes a hearty and healthy breakfast. How to make Baked Plantain and Egg Frittata. If you are a constant reader of this blog Plantain frittata is an omelet in which vegetables, plantains and sometimes meat are mixed into However, I've simplified the method here by cutting my plantains into cubes and just spreading it over my eggs. You can cook Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method)
- It’s of noodles.
- It’s of medium eggs.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of ripe plantain.
- Prepare of small onions, chopped.
- Prepare of thyme.
- It’s of medium-sized tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare of scotch bonnet peppers.
- Prepare of Green and red bell peppers.
- Prepare of chopped carrots and green beans.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
Baked plantain chips will be a little more dry on the inside than fried, but it's worth the trade off for fewer calories. In my recipe, you'll learn how to make traditional frittatas using the stovetop-to-oven skillet method. I made sure to use a reasonable oven temperature (not the broiler) and suggest cooking the frittata on the middle rack, so you can watch it while it cooks. Frittatas have saved me on more hungry weeknights than I care to count.
Noodles and Plantain Frittata (Baked Method) step by step
- Peel and cut the plantain into circular shapes and fry till golden brown. Set aside..
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in frying pan, add the onions, stir for some time, add the tomatoes..
- Sautée for 5 minutes, add the thyme, scotch bonnet peppers, one of the seasoning packs that comes with the noodles and the chopped carrots and green beans. Mix well and keep aside..
- Place the noodles in a pot of boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes to soften it..
- Sieve, add the remaining seasoning and mix well..
- Brush a baking pan with a tablespoon of oil to avoid sticking to the pan and place the noodles..
- Whisk the eggs with sautéed vegetables, pour on top of the noodles..
- Arrange the fried plantains on top, then top of of with the sliced green and red bell peppers..
- Bake in a preheated pot with a rack on a medium heat (or oven) for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are set..
- Run a knife along the edges and remove in a plate..
- Serve while still warm..
- NOTE: 1. Your choice of Toppings can range from mixed peppers, onions, plantain, ham, sausage, fish, chicken, beef, etc. 2. You can also use the frying method, just pour everything in your frying pan, cover and place on low to medium heat till the egg is set..
As long as I have a few vegetables and maybe a little meat to throw in a One frittata makes plenty for four to six people with a side salad or other steamed vegetable, and more than enough for two. You will LOVE this Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe! Leftover plantains are paired with eggs, chives and spring onion to make a great addition to any Thank you for reading my Mini Baked Plantain Frittata recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African. Making the noodles is the easy part.