Plantain Protein Muffins.
You can have Plantain Protein Muffins using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plantain Protein Muffins
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of flax meal.
- It’s 3/4 cup (180 ml) of water.
- You need 1/4 cup (60 ml) of coconut oil, melted.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder.
- You need 2 of plantains, cut into 1 inch length and peeled.
- It’s 1 cup (240 ml) of blueberries.
Plantain Protein Muffins step by step
- Grease your muffin tin..
- Place the first 7 ingredients(from flax meal to protein powder) in a blender or food processor. Set aside while going on to the next step and to give the flax seeds time to absorb the water..
- Cut the plantains into 1 inch lengths, and peel. Add them into the mixture..
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180℃..
- Blend everything together except blueberries. I put protein powder in last in this picture but putting plantains in last seems to blend better..
- When the mixture gets smooth, add blueberries and mix again. You can leave some chunks if you desire :).
- Pour the mixture into your muffin tin and bake about 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the muffin and it should come out clean when done..
- Remove from your oven and allow muffins to cool. Enjoy while still warm or let them cool. You can also freeze them and have for breakfast for a whole week!.