Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain. Ackee and saltfish is the Jamaican national dish prepared with ackee and salted codfish. The ackee fruit (Blighia sapida) is the national fruit of Jamaica. Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica and is borne in clusters on an evergreen tree.
Ackee production is widespread in Jamaica, and the country All this precaution is due to the fact that unripe ackee, including both pods and seeds, can cause something called. Awesomeness of Ackee Botanical name: Blighia sapida. Ackee is both a tree and the fruit of that tree. You can cook Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain
- Prepare 2 can of ackee.
- Prepare 1 large of breadfruit roasted.
- Prepare 1 large of plantain.
- You need slice of different sweet pepper.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of saltfish.
- It’s 1 slice of tomato.
- You need 1 slice of scaleon.
It is often cooked with salted cod fish. Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica and is widely found throughout the West Indies and has been The ackee is a major food in Jamaica. In South America, the fruit has been used to treat colds, fever. Ackee, Blighia sapida is Fat and Vitamin C rich fruit support for Diabetes Control, Prevention of Muscle Cramps, Immune Effects, Heart Health, and Circulation.
Ackee &saltfish with breadfruit and plantain instructions
- First you should roast the breadfruit in the oven and let it turn black then take it out and make it cool off when it done cooling cut it up small pieces..
- Then you should deep fry the breadfruit and make it golden brown on each side..
- Then you chop your plantain and you also deep fry it and let it turn golden brown..
- Chop up the sweet peppers ,onion , tomato and scalon.
- Then you start to fry the seasonings and cover it on a medium rare heat..
- When your finish with that boil the saltfish in some hot boiling water and wait for 20mins then strain the hot water and put the saltfish in cold water after that scale the salt fish take off all the scales on it and piece it in tiny bits..
- Then after you shall take out the tin a can of ackee and open it then you shall strain off the water from the ackee and wash it off with warm water..
- But always check your stove every 3 mins..
- When all done with that you put the ackee and saltfish and mix it around and cover the pot and make it stay on medium rare for 9min..
- And you put it all in one plant together and your done ..
Ackee runs on your own server, analyses the traffic of your websites and provides useful statistics in a minimal interface. Ackee is like a minimal Google Analytics that doesn't rely on third-party providers. The ackee, also known as ankye, achee, akee, ackee apple or ayee (Blighia sapida) is a fruit of the Sapindaceae soapberry family, as are the lychee and the longan. It is native to tropical West Africa. The scientific name honours Captain William Bligh who took the fruit from Jamaica to the Royal Botanic.