Pastelòn De Amarillo (Sweet Plantain Dish).
You can cook Pastelòn De Amarillo (Sweet Plantain Dish) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pastelòn De Amarillo (Sweet Plantain Dish)
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of Ground meat.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sofrito (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 small of chopped onion (which ever you prefer).
- You need 1/2 of chopped red pimiento.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped green pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of sliced olives.
- You need 8 oz of Spaghetti sauce (leave a little for finish topping).
- It’s 1 packages of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 packages of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 8 piece of Platano Maduro Sweet Plantain.
- You need 1 stick of margarine.
- Prepare of Canola cooking spray (whichever you prefer).
Pastelòn De Amarillo (Sweet Plantain Dish) step by step
- Put your 2 1/2 pounds of meat to cook on medium heat until browned..
- Once the meat is cooked discard the oil that the meat released. Add the 2 tablespoons of sofrito, and all your seasonings until your preference. Add your spaghetti sauce.Turn off when done..
- Peel and cut the 8 piece of sweet plantains into pieces. Put to boil until cooked. Once cooked strain. You would now need a potatoe masher or a fork. In bowl start to mash the sweet plantains adding one tablespoons of butter at a time..
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Take your glass dish and spray with cooking spray. Start to add a layer of sweet plantain using half of your plantains. On top of that add your cooked and seasoned ground meat. Add the last layer of sweet plantains. Spread the sauce you have left. Then top using your shredded mozarella cheese and cheddar cheese..