Stuffed plantains. Stuffed Baked Plantains – roasted plantains filled with seasoned ground meat, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, and spices, topped with cheese for lunch, dinner or even breakfast- very comforting! These Stuffed Plantains (or in Spanish: Canoas de Platanos) are going to be a weekly go-to meal! We all know I love green plantains because they can be turned into tostones.
Sauté in hot oil until golden. Remove from heat and shape into rings. Baked Stuffed Plantains With Black Beans (Vegan) – baked sweet plantains that complements the savory, spicy vegan bean filling well. You can cook Stuffed plantains using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed plantains
- You need 2 of firm but ripe plantains –boiled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs ( I used panko).
- You need 1/2 cup of cheese (I used a mixed blend).
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
This is the healthy version of stuffed plantain recipes. Most of the healthy sweet snacks in India, especially in Kerala are made with egg, plantain. The stuffing used for making this itself tastes so good. When fried, the stuffed plantain becomes Unnakaya Cooking video.
Stuffed plantains step by step
- Cut boiled plantains in half crosswise and then half length wise — as shown in pic.
- Scoop out the middle –being careful to leave each piece somewhat like a shell.
- In a bowl mix the scooped flesh(you can chop it in smaller pieces) , thyme, breadcrumbs and cheese — adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix and keep pressing the mixture with the back of a spoon until it comes together.
- Fill each shell with some mixture and place on a baking tray–drizzle over with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350º F for 30 minutes.
- You can stuff plaintains with shredded meat –you can use any melting cheese — you can also mix orange juice with the butter and add cinnamon.
Peel plantains and place on a baking sheet and brush with oil. Using a spoon or fork, stuff the plantains with equal parts cooked sausage. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on. Delicious Rellenitos de platano/akka plantains stuffed with black beans and cocoa powder which lightly sweetened great dessert from the Guatemala. Take one tablespoon of your plantain mixture and encase one slice of the cheese-wrapped hot dog, shaping into a cylindrical "tot." These sweet plantains are baked in the oven and then stuffed with a savory turkey picadillo filling If you're not very familiar with plantains, they are similar to bananas only they need to be cooked.