Plantain patties. These pan-fried plantain patties are my favorite right now. Shredded green plantains are shaped into patties, then fried until crisp. Serve these "little spiders" as a snack or side dish.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Form into six thick patties and serve warm, topped with Escabeche or Mojito Fish. Plantains and beef actually pair celestially well! You can have Plantain patties using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plantain patties
- You need 3 of firm but ripe plantains.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped chive.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic (grated).
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
Their coupling in these beef patties resulted in such a sweet, light and exotic flavor, it suddenly makes beef a very interesting food choice for breakfast. Remove plantains from water and place on wooden cutting board. Smash each chunk with a masher to flatten into a patty. Under ripe plantains or green plantains have a starchy texture, whereas overripe plantains have a sweeter taste; both are delicious.
Plantain patties instructions
- Boil plantains until tender –about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain ,peel and mash with a potato masher. Add the chive, parsley , garlic , salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into patties . The starch in the plantains hold the patties together .As an alternative you can make small appetizer balls.
- Add oil and butter in a pan –under moderate heat fry patties until golden brown ..
- These can be served with any grilled , baked , fried meat as an alternative to potatoes..
- Note–you can also melt the butter mixed with the oil –brush both sides of these patties and grill or bake them.
Cooking from my mom's kitchen is a great experience, so different from cooking in a city. This time I made some green plantain patties and it turned out delicious. How to prepare Sweet and Savoury Plantain Patties step by step. Using a steamer, steam ripe plantains until soft. If you do not own a steamer, boil plantain with VERY LITTLE water and wait till.