Banana Plantain with Aliya(Dry Fry Beef). Raw banana fry is a simple south Indian recipe which is best enjoyed with curd rice and sambar rice. Raw banana fry, Plantain fry, dry plantain fry. Plantain Fry, Aratikaya fry or Vepudu, Balekai Palya, Raw Banana fry, Kachha Kela ki Sabzi, Vazhakkai Varuval or everything we might call it is simple plantain or raw banana fry in Andhra style.
Thinly sliced ripe or green plantains fried until crispy and seasoned with salt are known as chifles in Peru and Ecuador and tajadas in Colombia, where they're sometimes. A plantain is a very firm banana. Serve as side dish with your meal or as appetizers. You can cook Banana Plantain with Aliya(Dry Fry Beef) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Plantain with Aliya(Dry Fry Beef)
- Prepare of Beef.
- You need 1 kg of beef.
- Prepare 6 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of green bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 dash of desired spices.
- Prepare 3 of Onions.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic and Ginger.
- Prepare of Banana Plantain.
- It’s 1 bunch of Green Bananas.
- Prepare 1 can of Stock-Prefferably Vegetable.Knorr.
- You need 2 tbsp of Royco Mchuzi Mix.
- It’s 4 of Onions.
- Prepare 6 of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 bunch of Parsley.
Oil and water don't mix, so dry them before frying, if you insist on water. Cast iron will get nice and black if you make tostones regularly. Plantains are starchy green bananas or cooking bananas that belong to the Musa genus and can be eaten ripe or unripe. Raw plantains must be eaten only after cooking as they contain starch.
Banana Plantain with Aliya(Dry Fry Beef) step by step
- Apply vegetable oil to hands before peeling the bananas.Peel and dip them in salty water while doing it.Ensure no black marks are formed on the bananas.Do not soak them for a long time.Seperately,cut the beef into cubes and wash.Place a cup of water into a sufuria(Pan/pot) and bring the meat to a boil.You can throw in garlic and ginger as well as Pilipili(Real peppers).Leave for 45 minutes.Do not drain the stock.Save it for later..
- Heat cooking oil in a sufuria and add the meat(which is halfway ready).Dry fry it for a few seconds.Add salt and pepper(not necessary).When meat turns golden add the onions and wait again till they are golden brown.Tomatoes are next,followed by Royco Beef Mchuzi Mix(its international :-D) Let it simmer for a few minutes then add the stock(the beef stew shouldnt be wet.It should be thick and heavy.No pun intended guys).
- When done with the meat,heat some cooking oil and add the onions.No salt is needed this time.Add the bell peppers and tomatoes and let them simmer.Add your bananas after a few minutes and do not stir.After a minute add maji kidogo(a little water) and stir.Cover and let it simmer on low heat.After 20 mins or so youl see a change of colour.The bananas will be yellow in colour.Add spices to your liking,and the dhania(parsley) and turn off heat after a few minutes.Bananas need constant supervision when cooked.Serve and enjoy! With Love,from Kenya.
To prepare plantain, wash it in cold water and pat dry. Trim both ends and cut the fruit into short lengths. Fried ripe plantains have a crispy, caramelized texture and irresistibly sweet taste. It's a ubiquitous Caribbean dish that is served with almost every Plantains are a member of the banana family. Unlike a banana, plantains are starchy and need to be cooked before eating.