2smile Platanos fritos (fried plantains). Easy recipe for fried ripe plantains or platanos maduros fritos. Fried Plantains (Plátanos Fritos) are very popular all over the coastal areas and are usually served as a side dish with white rice. Bananas that are riper are served as a dessert covered with cream and cheese or with condensed milk.
Plátanos Fritos. (Latin fried ripe plantains). Sprinkle with a little salt serve hot. The plantains can be sliced in rounds if you like. You can have 2smile Platanos fritos (fried plantains) using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 2smile Platanos fritos (fried plantains)
- You need 2 medium of plantains.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.divided..
- You need 2 tbsp of cinnamon sugar.
Top the plantains with a little brown sugar or piloncillo if they need added sweetness. Sliced ripe plantains retain a sweet, creamy center and become caramelized around the edges when fried. This tasty side dish makes a good accompaniment to rice and beans, roasted pork, or both. Fried sweet plantains are deliciously caramelised on the outside.
2smile Platanos fritos (fried plantains) instructions
- heat a pan on medium heat…slice plantains in four equal sizes..
- add butter to pan, when butter is melted add plantains..
- after a few minutes flip plantains over.add remaining butter..
- after a few more minutes plantains should be done…serve with sprinkled cinnamon sugar…I serve mine with Mexican sour cream for dipping..
Sweet but not too sweet, soft but not soggy. They're a delicious Peel the plantains and cut them into diagonal slices, one to two inches thick. Heat the oil and butter, saute the pieces until they are. Plantains are becoming more available in grocery stores and they're really tasty! The man at the market was extremely helpful with information, and he also served a mean Platanos Fritos, which was extremely tasty.