boiled plantain & vegetables.. Boiled plantains are a staple of African, Caribbean, and Central and South American cuisine. When boiling your own plantains at home, always start with green or yellow fruit that's firm to the touch and. Boiled plantains is simple side dish served with many meals in Haiti.
For example, boiled plantains can be mashed much like a potato, or they can be boiled with beans, rice and vegetables. Here's Another Great Recipe From My Kitchen To Yours. This week's Recipe Boiled Plantains ( banann bouyi ). You can have boiled plantain & vegetables. using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of boiled plantain & vegetables.
- Prepare 2 bunch of Plantain.
- It’s 1 bunch of vegetable leaves.
- It’s 1/2 clove of Onion.
- You need 1/2 dash of Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
Am Sharing The Way I Love To Make This. The answer is easier than it seems. You just chop them in half, make sure you take out both ends, and throw them into the water. Boiled Plantain cooks in no time at all.
boiled plantain & vegetables. step by step
- Cut 2 sticks of plantain into 6 pieces.
- fill a small pot half way with water.
- Add a pinch of salt in water.
- put the 6 pieces of plantain in water and allow to boil.
- boil plantain for 8mins on medium heat.
- Then check to see if it is slightly soft.
- if soft drain water out and serve on plate.
- for the vegetables, chop into piece.
- then chop onion into pieces as well.
- Now put both vegetable and onion in a small pot or sauce pan and add very little water.
- add a pinch of salt, a table spoon of oil and a table spoon of pepper.
- allow boil for 2min and half while stirring.
- serve with plantain.
- 2 servings…serve with beef, turkey or fish.
Learn how this fast and easy recipe will come to your rescue This is the easiest plantain recipe to prepare. If you are just home from work and you have either ripe. Peel the plantain and cut off and discard both ends. Boiled Plantain is one of the easiest Nigerian foods to prepare. It takes a little time and also tastes delicious.