Platanos machos (fried plantain banana). Macho bananas (Plantains) are the largest of them all. Fried Plantains (Plátanos Fritos) are very popular all over the coastal areas and are usually served as a side dish with white rice. Bananas that are riper are served as a dessert covered with cream and cheese or with condensed milk.
Serve with mayoketchup or mojo de ajo (garlic oil En esta ocasión haremos unos ricos plátanos machos o plátanos maduros que están bien ricos. Photo of fried bananas called platanos machos in Mexico and many latin american countries. Plantain: Often called coloquially, platano macho ( masculine banana for its shape ), this large green banana with West Coast African origins brought to the Caribbean and South America by slave traders, behaves like a starch and thus is a vegetable, not a fruit. You can have Platanos machos (fried plantain banana) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Platanos machos (fried plantain banana)
- It’s 1 of at least 1 plantain per person.
- It’s 1 of sour cream.
- You need 1 of lechera sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 of chocolate syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn oil.
It is fried like French Fries, and called. Fried bananas, or plantains, are known as "platanos fritos" in Yucatan, "maduros" in Cuba and "amarillos" in Puerto Rico. Easy recipe for fried ripe plantains or platanos maduros fritos. Honduran Platanos Fritos is a very common side dish of fried plantain or banana as it is the main export of this country.
Platanos machos (fried plantain banana) instructions
- Cut plantain length wise then in half so you end up with 4 pieces out of every banana..
- Heat oil in fry pan, when ready place bananas is to cook until golden brown all around and the start to carameize on the edges..
- Remove from oil and set to drain excess oil..
- In a bowl mix enough sour cream and condensed milk to where each person gets a reasonable scoop..
- Arrange nicely on individual plates, place the scoop of cream mixture on top and drizzle chocolate sauce over the whole plate..
It is always served as part of the plato tipico or Typical Honduran Platanos Fritos are fried banana or plantains which are a must have ingredient on the Honduran typical plate. This other way of deep fried plantain is very popular. This is also very simple and takes the longest of the three. To make plátanos sancochados (the way Cubans say it) you want to get an "in between" plantain that is more ripe than green. Fried Sweet Plantains — Plátanos Maduros.