Patacones. For an extra special treat, eat the patacones with a thin slice of queso blanco (salty white cheese) on top. Nicaragua, Cuba, Honduras and Venezuela; they are also known as tachinos or chatinos (Cuba), platano frito or frito verde (Dominican Republic), bananes pesées (Haiti), patacones. Patacones or tostones are slices of fried green plantain and are very popular in Latin América.
Easy recipe for homemade patacones or tostones, a popular Latin American appetizer or side dish made with twice fried slices of green plantains. Patacones (known as tostones in Central America) are twice-fried rounds of green plantain. Place a plate, upside-down, onto a work surface. You can cook Patacones using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Patacones
- It’s of plantains.
- You need of Frying oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Water.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Heat chicken broth in a small saucepan. Let it sit until the plantain is finished. Latin American Cuisine: Patacónes con Hogao (Fried Plantains with Tomato-onion Sauce).
Patacones step by step
- Peel your plantains. Cut them in half and place in a pot with enough water to contain them. Bring water to a boil and cook your plantains for 25 to 35 minutes. Remove pot from heat, while leaving your plantains in the water.
- Cut each plantain into thick pieces and flatten gently with either a mortar and pestle or the bottom of a glass.
- Sprinkle plantains with a tiny amount of salt or other seasonings.
- Put oil in a frying pan and heat on high. Cook the plantains until golden in color, which usually takes 2 minutes on each side.
- Place your patacones on a paper towel to drain the oil.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. Take a hard green plantain (plátano), cut it crosswise into rounds, fry them in oil, mash them flat, and fry them in oil again. If this doesn't sound all that appetizing. Or patacones, depending on the country. I love the process of What's your fave plantain recipe? #platanos #tostones #patacones #comidapuertorriqueña #latinpaleo..