You can cook Dominican Mangu using 7 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dominican Mangu
- You need of Plantains.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Dominican salami.
- You need of name brand ( Tropical )Chesse.
- Prepare of Eggs (optional).
- It’s of veg. oil.
- Prepare of olive oil ( optional ).
Dominican Mangu instructions
- Put water in a pot to boil but don't turn on the stove yet.
- Wash the 3 plantains.
- Cut the top and bottom parts of the plantains.
- Cut the plantains in haph.
- take one of the 1/2 peace of the plantain and put your blade on one of the lines on the plantain wile sliding down the blade make some space for you to peel the plantain.
- Peel the plantain.
- Give it a little rinse in water.
- Put the plantain in the pot.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for the other pieces of plantains.
- Now throw in that pinch of salt.
- now turn on the stove..
- your going to boil the plantainsts for 30 minutes.
- chick the paintains. if you can take a fork see if its tender to mash its ready.
- take them out and start mashing them.
- if it feels dry poor a bit of water form the pot to soffen it. if its not dry its ok.
- now its time for the Cheese and salami. You could do it how many ways, you could do it. you could fry it or eat it strait or you can fry it your choice.
- Boil or fry the egg.
- Drizzle a bit of the olive oil on the smashed plantains aka mangu.
- its time to eat 🙂 this dish is good and also healthy enjoy.