Pastelon. Pastelón de Plátano Maduro, or Sweet Plantain Lasagna, is a surprising combination of sweet and salty ingredients that unite into a highly Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (aka Sweet Plantain Lasagna). Pastelón is a classic Puerto Rican dish made with layers of thinly-sliced plantains, ground beef, and Pastelón, the Puerto Rican layered meat and sweet plantain pie, is one of those recipes that can. Pastelón is a Puerto Rican dish with many interpretations across the island.
Plantains Lasagna aka Pastelon – a Latin-Style (Puerto Rican) lasagna that is a combination of sweet and savory, with spiced beef, sandwiched in layers of plantains, and topped with cheese and or eggs. Pastelón is a layered Puerto Rican casserole of plantains, cheese and picadillo, a tomato-based ground beef mixture seasoned with onions, peppers, herbs and spices. Pastelon de Platano Maduro (Dominican-Style Yellow Plantain Pie). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Pastelon using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pastelon
- You need of Goya brand sweet tostones, thawed.
- You need of ground beef.
- It’s of -3 tbsp adobo (or to taste ).
- You need of -3 tbsp black pepper.
- Prepare of 8 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare of can of tomato paste.
- It’s of eggs, beaten.
- You need of sazon.
- It’s of sofrito.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- You need of diced onion.
- Prepare of green beans, drained (optional).
- It’s of mixed colby jack shredded cheese.
Pastelón and its variant "piñón" from Puerto Rico is a casserole dish layered like Italian lasagne made with sweet plantains, ground beef. (Pastelón de Plátano, Piñon). This plantain-based casserole is a staple in Puerto Rican and Dominican cuisine. It consists of sliced or mashed plantains that are layered with minced meat. Have you guys ever heard of Pastelón?
- Brown beef with all seasonings, sofrito, & onion. Then add tomatoes. Cook till some of liquid evaporates, then set aside..
- Preheat oven @ 375°. In a greased with butter 9×13 or lasagna pan, layer the tostones covering bottom of pan in 1 layer..
- Top with ground beef mixture, then green beans, & then cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers..
- Pour beaten eggs over whole dish, especially the corners. Fork so the egg can distribute through because it acts as a binder for cutting later (like lasagna)..
- Top with layer of cheese, cover with foil & bake for 30 – 40 minutes. Let stand for @ least 15 minutes before serving to make sure the egg binds it better. Then serve with green beans or salad..
It's a Caribbean casserole that is similar to lasagna except it uses sweet fried plantains in place of the pasta. It's delicious because it's sweet, salty. See more ideas about Food, Cooking recipes and Food recipes. Pastelón de Plátano Maduro (Ripe Plantain Casserole) combines the delicate sweetness of ripe plantains, flavorful juicy beef filling, & melting cheese. Pastelón de Plátano Maduro Dominicano: El suave dulzor del plátano maduro, la jugosa carne y abundante queso derretido lo hace un plato de ensueño.