Ham and Cheese Potato Soup. Place potatoes, onion, and cubed ham in large stockpot. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness.
It's goes down with my reuben soup for being my FAVORITE soup I made this season. . . loaded with leftover crockpot ham, veggies, potatoes, half and half, sour cream, and TWO kinds of cheese: cheddar and swiss – this soup is. This thick and chunky potato soup is made with the addition of ham. It's a hearty soup and very quick and easy to prepare and cook. You can have Ham and Cheese Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Cheese Potato Soup
- Prepare 4 of baking potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, diced small.
- It’s 6 of baby carrots, diced small.
- You need 1/2 lb of deli ham, diced small.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth, I used my own homemade because I have it. Boxed is fine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cheese of choice.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- You need of Green onions, sliced optional.
- It’s of Salt pepper onion and garlic powders.
The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd or tailgating event. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas and I wanted to try another Potato Soup recipe, but thought I'd try one that had ham in it, hoping it would be just as good as our old potato soup recipe. This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham.
Ham and Cheese Potato Soup instructions
- Sauté your onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil. Add seasonings. Add the ham. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes..
- Cook til potatoes are tender. Lower heat and add half and half. I mash my potatoes with a potato masher but leave it chunky. Stir in cheese and cook on low until it all melts and melds. Spoon it up and garnish with green onions. We have crusty bread and butter and sliced sharp cheddar slices on the side..
It is the perfect recipe to use up your Christmas or Easter ham. We like to use sharp Cheddar cheese for extra flavor. You can use regular Cheddar cheese if you wish. Pro tip-use pre-shredded cheese to make the recipe even easier. Home · Recipes · Seasonal · Fall · Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup Recipe.