Senai Kizhangu Varuval/ Yam Fry.
You can have Senai Kizhangu Varuval/ Yam Fry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Senai Kizhangu Varuval/ Yam Fry
- You need of Senai Kizhangu/ Elephant Yam.
- You need of Coconut oil-as required.
- You need of Water-as required.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of small piece of Tamarind.
- You need of Salt-as per your taste.
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- You need of Curry leaves few.
- Prepare of For Marination:-.
- You need of Chilli powder.
- You need of Coriander powder.
- It’s of Garam Masala.
- Prepare of Cumin powder.
- You need of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need of Corn flour.
Senai Kizhangu Varuval/ Yam Fry step by step
- Apply Coconut Oil on your hands and fingers. Peel off the Senai Kizhangu/ Elephant Yam skin and cut into small cubes as shown in the picture. Put it in a bowl of water..
- Wash the pieces and put it in pressure cooker. Add required water, tamarind, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 whistles..
- Open the lid once the pressure goes off. Drain the yam pieces and take out the tamarind piece..
- In a deep frying pan, add oil for frying. Once oil gets heat, keep the flame in medium. Add the yam pieces in small portions and deep fry till it turns light brown colour..
- Fry all the yam pieces and drain them in an absorbent paper..
- Add those fried yam pieces in a large bowl and add the ingredients given for marination. Mix well and close with a lid. Rest it for 30 mins..
- In a kadai, add 2 tsp Oil. Once oil gets heat, add curry leaves. Fry it. Then add the marinated yam pieces. Keep the flame in medium low and stir fry the pieces till it turns crispy..
- Now it's ready to serve. Serve as a Side Dish for your lunch..