Leek and pumpkin soup with lime. Flavored with leeks, maple syrup and spices, this velvety pumpkin soup is perfect for fall. Hello Jenn, Pumpkin Leek Soup recipe arrived today. Went right out and bought the ingredients.
Really hearty and the leeks with the squash and sweet potatoes make for a really full flavor combination. A simple vegetable soup made without dairy. Leeks are noted for being rich in iron and the garlic/onion are noted for their immune boosting qualities. You can cook Leek and pumpkin soup with lime using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leek and pumpkin soup with lime
- You need 1 of large leek, halved lengthwise and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of zest of 1/2 lime.
- Prepare 200 g of pumpkin purèe.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need pinch of nutmeg (optional).
An excellent soup for the colder months or for a quick re-heat lunch to take with you to work. I like to use butternut pumpkin but you can use any variety of. This Pumpkin Soup is really smooth and creamy even though it doesn't actually have any cream in it. There's coconut milk added to the soup to make it extra luscious, so it is also not I like adding chili powder or cayenne pepper to the soup to counteract the sweetness of the pumpkin and sweet potato.
Leek and pumpkin soup with lime instructions
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Add leeks, garlic, and lime zest, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until very soft, for about 15 minutes..
- Stir in the pumpkin purèe, and add milk and water. Turn the heat to medium-high; when it starts to boil, turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Blend the soup with a hand blender. Stir in lime juice and nutmeg, and season with salt to taste. Serve with lime wedges and a dollop of crème fraîche, if desired..
This soup is a little different from your average pumpkin soup. The addition of sauteed leeks and white wine add a wonderful flavour. Enjoy with buttered bread, if desired. Saute the leeks in the butter and olive. Leek and Potato Soup is a number one classic in our house, but for something different try it with what I call the perennial pumpkin – butternut squash.