Pumpkin soup. This is a classic, easy pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs.
The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. You can have Pumpkin soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- You need of a pumpkin about 1.5 kg.
- It’s of medium potatoes.
- You need of TBP olive oil.
- You need of butter.
- You need of white onion.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare of water.
It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States. Whip up this easy pumpkin soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! Your mama's gonna be so proud.
Pumpkin soup instructions
- Roast the pumpkin in a 180 degrees C oven for 40 minutes or till fork tender.
- Scoop the pumpkin with a spoon in a bowl..
- Finely chop the onions, fry in olive oil, add salt and pepper..
- Add the pumpkin to the onions, add the potatoes cubed, then add 1500 my fresh water. Add butter..
- Let to boil, blend to a smooth texture. Let it boil then serve.
It all starts with sugar pumpkins. These little guys are perfect for roasting and turning into DIY pumpkin. Looking for the best Pumpkin Soup recipes? Get recipes like Spicy Pumpkin Soup, Curried Squash and Pear Soup and Curried Butternut Squash Soup from Simply Recipes. how to make roasted butternut squash soup.